Jefferson Christian Academy (JCA) opened its doors in 1914 as a missionary enterprise of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Since its founding, Jefferson Christian Academy had operated under the names Berea SDA School, Berea Intermediate, Jefferson Rural Academy, and Jefferson Adventist Academy. Most recently its name was changed to Jefferson Christian Academy when in July of 2003, it was incorporated as an autonomous self-supporting educational institution.
Although it is now independently managed and supported, JCA continues to espouse Adventist educational philosophy and ideals. JCA follows the SDA Conference curriculum guidelines and its mission continues to include the preparation of its students for higher education and gainful employment.